Monday, March 9, 2009

Making flashcards

I want to try something new in my learning style. I want to use FlashCards.


Only I don't know anything about it, how you use it and how it works. I guess it is something with questions and answers, on the other side..

So, what I found, quickly on the internet is:

'Flashcards remain one of the best tools for memorizing information. The most common way to create flashcards is to use index cards. Students can simply write the question on one side and the answer on the opposite side and test themselves repeatedly. However, there are several ways to modify this process to enhance the learning experience.' Source

And how to make them:
  • I'm going to print the questions. And I will write the answers on it with hand. With that, I already have seen the answer, and learned it in a different way
  • I found a program called 'make bootable flashcards' on my computer, I will check it if it is usuable, or just some wacko microsoft thing again ;)
Where I'm going to use it for:
  • Biology, the same class as where I tested iPod Studying on. Because here I do have some questions and answers, which are hard to memorize!
  • Maybe sociology, because this is one of the classes with a lot of questions!
Maybe you have any tips for me with flashcards, because I'm just going to test it, do you use it, how do you use it? Let me know!

Keep in touch for the rest of the experiment!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: