Monday, December 29, 2008

Quoting: Epicurus

The greater the difficulty, the more the glory in surmounting it. - Epicurus


This are the quotes which really motivates me.
The difficulties where I run in to are most of the times related to school, homework, projects, choises. And that glory, yeah there is some glory when you have the highest mark in the class, but I prefer calling it 'personal glory'.
When I read this quote, I do think 'hmm.. if I make my homework now, I will overcome this difficulty, and personal glory waits for me.'

How important is personal glory? For me, it is a motivation to gain it, but when I have achieved it, it keeps me doing more to achieve it again.
Personal glory keeps me going. That is why I love those to-do lists. Everything I have done something, I feel good. Everytime I achieved some personal glory. I only have to look again on it 'I can do more, to achieve more, yeah, let's do something.'

Yes, personal glory is important to me. So when there are greater difficulties to overcome I will gain more glory, the motivation is bigger.
Well said Epicurus, well said.

Every monday I tell something around a quote, before: Seneca and Huxley. Subscribe to my reader to keep up-to-date!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: