Monday, December 22, 2008

Quoting: Seneca


I shall never be ashamed of citing a bad author if the line is good. - Seneca


Do you know that feeling. You have read a book, and someone asks you if it was a good book and you said "Yes! It was one of the best books I have ever read!" And than the other will ask why, and you don't know.
I know that feeling.
And I think that feeling comes from that what Seneca said. There are a couple of very good lines in the book, which you enjoyed so, that you won't think about the rest anymore. I have had that. I couldn't read that book, and had to make myself read it, but a lot of times I laughed and quoted it to my surrounding.
And after I read it, I'm happy I finished it. But I read another book from that author, and I had the same feeling. I was really happy I read it, because there were some great lines in it!
Yeah, that is a funny thought. Do you share it with me? Let me know if it ever happened to you!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: